Register today to receive your daily dose of health news. Get the latest information delivered to your inbox with our free dailyRx Newsletter!
Connect with the dailyRx social media channels to receive the latest health news and information and to stay up to date on dailyRx promotions!
Stay up to date with the health news that matters most! Choose from a wide selection of dailyRx Headlines™ news feeds and receive the latest headlines directly on your website as soon as news is published.
Explore our wide selection of money-saving coupons for medications and other health-related products.
Save money on your Rx medications with our printable and online medication discount card.
Learn how to reduce your medication costs with discount programs and other valuable savings resources directly from pharmaceutical companies.
The health care provider will perform a physical exam and ask questions about your medical and family history, including use of alcohol.
The following questions are used by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism to screen for alcohol abuse or dependence:
- Do you ever drive when you have been drinking?
- Do you have to drink more than before to get drunk or feel the desired effect?
- Have you felt that you should cut down on your drinking?
- Have you ever had any blackouts after drinking?
- Have you ever missed work or lost a job because of drinking?
- Is someone in your family worried about your drinking?
Tests that may be done include:
- Blood alcohol level (this can tell whether someone has recently been drinking alcohol, but it does not necessarily confirm alcoholism)
- Complete blood count (CBC)
- Liver function tests
- Magnesium blood test