Glaucoma Health Center
Things You Should Know About Prednisone
After Menopause, Hormones May Lower Glaucoma Risk
Healthy Habits After You Hit 40
Rate of Blindness Caused by Glaucoma Greatly Improved
Glaucoma is caused by increased intraocular pressure in the eye. The optic nerve, which is responsible for carrying all visual information to the brain, is damaged by increased pressure, and the damage is irreparable.
The most common form is called open-angle glaucoma, which represents about 90% of all cases. In this case, the condition is painless and begins by affecting vision on the periphery of the visual field. The other 10% of cases are caused by closed-angle glaucoma, which occurs suddenly with extreme pain, visual disturbances like...