People with panic disorder have:
- sudden and repeated attacks of fear.
- a feeling of being out of control during a panic attack.
- a feeling that things are not real.
- an intense worry about when the next attack will happen.
- a fear or avoidance of places where panic attacks have occurred in the past.
- physical symptoms including:
- pounding heart,
- weakness, faintness, or dizziness,
- feeling a hot flush or a cold chill,
- tingly or numb hands,
- chest pain,
- feeling nauseous or stomach pain.