Potential Side Effects
The most common side effects of Chantix include:
- Sleep problems (trouble sleeping or vivid, unusual, or strange dreams)
Serious side effects of Chantix may include:
- New or worse mental health problems, which have been reported in some patients.
- New or worse heart or blood vessel (cardiovascular) problems in people who already have cardiovascular problems. Tell your doctor if you have any changes in symptoms during treatment with Chantix.
Get emergency medical help right away if you have any of the following symptoms of a heart attack, including:
- Chest discomfort (uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain) that lasts more than a few minutes, or that goes away and comes back
- Pain or discomfort in one or both arms, back, neck, jaw or stomach
- Shortness of breath, sweating, nausea, vomiting, or feeling lightheaded associated with chest discomfort