Register today to receive your daily dose of health news. Get the latest information delivered to your inbox with our free dailyRx Newsletter!
Connect with the dailyRx social media channels to receive the latest health news and information and to stay up to date on dailyRx promotions!
Stay up to date with the health news that matters most! Choose from a wide selection of dailyRx Headlines™ news feeds and receive the latest headlines directly on your website as soon as news is published.
Explore our wide selection of money-saving coupons for medications and other health-related products.
Save money on your Rx medications with our printable and online medication discount card.
Learn how to reduce your medication costs with discount programs and other valuable savings resources directly from pharmaceutical companies.
The most common side effects associated with Herceptin in patients with metastatic stomach cancer are:
- Low white blood cell counts
- Low red blood cell counts
- Swelling of the mouth lining
- Weight loss
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Low platelet counts
- Swelling of the mucous membranes
- Swelling of the nose and throat
- Change in taste
The most common side effects associated with Herceptin in patients with
breast cancer are:
- Infusion reactions
- Increased cough
- Shortness of breath
- Low white and red blood cell counts
- Muscle pain
Herceptin may cause serious side effects (see "Drug Precautions").
- Herceptin treatment can result in heart problems, including those without symptoms (such as reduced heart function) and those with symptoms (such as congestive heart failure).
- Some patients have had serious infusion reactions and lung problems; infusion reactions leading to death have been reported.
- Herceptin can cause harm to the fetus (unborn baby), in some cases death to the fetus, when taken by a pregnant woman.
- Taking Herceptin Can Result in Serious and Potentially Deadly Lung Problems, Including:
- A severe shortness of breath
- Fluid in or around the lungs
- Weakening of the valve between the heart and the lungs
- Too little oxygen in the body
- Swelling of the lungs
- Scarring of the lungs