Take Xeloda exactly as your doctor tells you to. Your doctor will prescribe a dose and treatment plan that is right for you. Your doctor may want you to take both 150 mg and 500 mg tablets together for each dose. If so, you must be able to identify the tablets. Taking the wrong tablets could cause an overdose (too much medicine) or underdose (too little medicine). The 150 mg tablets are light peach in color with 150 on one side. The 500 mg tablets are peach in color with 500 on one side. Your doctor may change the amount of medicine you take during your treatment. Your doctor may prescribe Xeloda Tablets with docetaxel (Taxotere) injection.
- Xeloda is taken in 2 daily doses, a morning dose and an evening dose.
- Take Xeloda tablets within 30 minutes after the end of a meal (breakfast and dinner).
- Swallow Xeloda tablets whole with water.
- If you miss a dose of Xeloda, do not take the missed dose at all and do not double the next dose. Instead, continue your regular dosing schedule and check with your doctor.
- Xeloda is usually taken for 14 days followed by a 7-day rest period (no drug), for a 21-day cycle. Your doctor will tell you how many cycles of treatment you will need.
- If you take too much Xeloda, contact your doctor or local poison control center or emergency room right away.