Updated April 23, 2014
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect the following personal information from you
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
We also collect the following information from you
- Demographic information such as age, education, gender, interests and zip code
- Health interests
- When you download and use our mobile apps, we automatically collect information on the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or "UDID").
We do not ask for, access or track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our mobile apps.
As is true of most Web sites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
We use this information to
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- Send you requested product or service information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Send you a newsletter
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our Web site and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or you can contact us at [email protected].
We enable you to create a profile, and share information such as messages, photos, and videos with others. Please note that we cannot control the actions of others with whom you may choose to share your pages and information.
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information
- as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if Patient Conversation Media, Inc. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information,
- to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
We share your personal information with other companies so that they can market their products or services to you. If you do not want us to share your personal information with these companies, contact us at [email protected].
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. We set a persistent cookie to store your passwords, so you don’t have to enter it more than once. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” file. If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site, such as contests or surveys, will be limited.
Our Web pages may also contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) that are set by our third party partners. Web beacons are used along with cookies enabling our partners to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used.
We use a third party to gather information about how you and others use our Web site. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our site is used.
Local Shared Objects - Flash Cookies
Third Parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies click here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html
Links to Other Web Sites
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at [email protected].
Additional Policy Information
Email a Friend
If you choose to use our email a friend to tell a friend about an article, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the article. Patient Conversation Media does not store this information and is only used for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email. Your friend may contact us at [email protected] to request that we remove this information from our database.
Social Media Features and Widgets
Correcting, Deleting and Updating Your Personal Information
To review, delete or update your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. Please contact us if you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
4315 Guadalupe Street
Austin, TX, United States 78751
Email: [email protected]