Installing exterior entry doors is the first step in repairing an apartment or house. You need to approach this procedure especially carefully and responsibly, because it will serve you for many years. There is only one mistake, and the door may be skewed, leak cold, the locks will be difficult to open, and as a result, you will have to change the door very soon.
Installing a front door is a responsible process that you can do yourself or contact the doors installation company. Accordingly, the installation of doors in the first way does not involve additional costs, which is not the case with the second.
However, if you do not have an exact answer to the question of how to install a front door and the experience of such work, it is still better to entrust this matter to professionals.
What Do Exterior Entry Doors Installation Services Include?
Installation is carried out according to construction norms and world standards that guarantee the reliable and comfortable operation of designs. Exterior entry doors are installed in such a way:
- dismantling of the old door;
- preparation of an aperture — plaster is lost, measurements are made;
- installation of a door box — the frame is established and fixed on level, openings for anchor bolts are drilled, the locking part of a door is fixed, assembly openings are closed by plastic caps, and all mechanisms are checked;
- the final stage — the cylinder in the lock is established and accessories are collected, the protective covering is removed.
Installation work is carried out using a professional tool. Fasteners are selected taking into account the thickness of the material and the thickness of the walls. If the wall is very thin and the canvas is heavy, it must be strengthened before installing the box.
To find out if this procedure is necessary, a specialist from the company that will install the structure can help, assessing the strength of the walls during the measurements, correlating it with the weight of the selected canvas.
To ensure that the installation does not lead to a crooked door installed with obvious geometry violations, follow the following expert advice:
- After installing each fastener, check the level of the door frame.
- Before attaching the entire box, install the fasteners on the side of the hinges.
- The door must be mounted from top to bottom.
- If the door is relatively light, you can hang the canvas and experiment on your own with its mobility and correct opening, and only then tighten the anchors.
Exterior entry door installation services can guarantee the quality and speed of work, as well as be responsible for possible flaws. In the pursuit of savings, some homeowners try to install the purchased door themselves.
An amateur approach is often not justified, especially in the absence of knowledge of installation technology and special skills. You can forget about savings if you have to correct mistakes on your own or out of pocket.