Also sometimes referred to as marital aids or adult toys, sex toys are objects that are used by both men and women (both individually and together as a couple) for the purpose of receiving pleasure during the acts of masturbation and sex. They are also sometimes used to provide assistance to those people that have certain medical conditions or sexual dysfunctions.
There is a wide range of different types of sex toys currently available on the market for purchase, with people using them for all different types of reasons.
It is completely normal to use sex toys, regardless of whether you are single or in s committed relationship. However, it is equally normal not to use any sex toys – it all comes down to the individual and their own personal preference. The main thing to worry about is using them in the right way so that it maximises your enjoyment of them whilst also keeping you safe from harm.
What Are Sex Toys Used For?
There is no one type of person that uses sex toys and there is no one reason why they are used – people actually use them for a variety of different reasons. For instance, using a sex toy is the only way that some people are able to achieve an orgasm at all. This is especially true for women.
Additionally, some people use them for an added bit of fun whilst masturbating or to take the effort out of doing so. Finally, there are those people who use sex toys with their partner in order to spice things up a little and to stop things becoming stale or boring.
Those people who have impaired mobility or are somehow or the other, use sex toys for the purpose of making the act of masturbating or having sex that much easier. They can even be used to help people suffering from disorders, such as erectile dysfunction – so for some people, they are actually more of a necessity rather than a luxury or something that is used to add an extra layer of enjoyment to sexual activity.
Different Types of Sex Toys
Nowadays there is a huge array of different sex toys out there on the market for purchase by either individuals or couples. However, some of the most common ones include:
• Vacuum Pumps – these are either battery operated or hand operated and are used to create suction on whatever part of the body that they are applied to. However, most pumps are made to fit particular areas of the body, including nipples, the vulva, the clitoris, and the penis. They work by drawing blood to the targeted area, to not only make it engorged, but also to give it more sensation and sensitivity.
The suction feeling is also really enjoyable for some people also. Some of these vacuum devices are used by people with certain sexual disorders, such as erectile dysfunction, as a penis pump helps men to get and maintain an erection for a certain period of time.
That being said, the vast majority of pumps for sale in sex stores are not medical grade devices and are just sold for the purpose of giving pleasure. Anyone that does want to use a pump to help them with a medical condition should consult a medical professional before doing so.
• Dildos – these sex toys are used to insert inside of the mouth, the anus, or the vagina. They come in a wide range of sizes, shapes, and colours, but most often they are shaped just like a penis; after all, they are designed to be inserted into these areas. Whilst some are very lifelike and realistic, some others are more abstract in their design and could not be any further away from the real thing.
Some dildos are curved or shaped in a certain way so that they can be used for the purpose of massaging the male prostate or the female g spot. They can be made from a wide range of different materials, including glass, metal, plastic, rubber, and silicone.
• Anal Toys – these are made specifically for the purpose of fitting inside of the anus and stimulating it. They can include things such as anal beads, butt plugs, dildos, and prostate massagers. Whenever using anal toys, you need to ensure that you use a liberal amount of lube in order to help things go in and out nice and smoothly and to keep you safe from any harm.
All toys that are for the purpose of being inserted into the anus come with a wide base to stop it from accidentally getting stuck up there.
• Vibrators – these come in a wide range of shapes and sizes, but all have one common feature in that they vibrate and are used for the purpose of stimulating the genitals. Lots of women use them to stimulate their clit, as well as other parts of their vagina and vulva.
However, there are vibrators out there that are specially designed to stimulate other body parts, such as the scrotum, the nipples, the anus, the penis, and the testicles. For the very best vibrator advice, follow the link.
• Sleeves – these are typically used for male masturbation and fit over the shaft of the penis in order to provide a stimulating experience. They come in various sizes and shapes, as well as have different textures inside of them to create different sensations. Some of the most advanced ones even do things like suck or vibrate.
Some men wear these when penetrating their partner so that they feel bigger when inside of them. For those guys that have particularly small penises, there are sleeves catered for this, so there is no need to worry about not being able to experience the fun that these sex toys have to offer. There are also models available for those women that have very large clitorises.
Other types of common sex toys include harnesses/strap ons, packers/prosthetics, and ben wa balls/kegel balls/vagina balls/orgasm balls. Now that you have tons of ideas about sex toys, I’m sure you’ll be able to satisfy or even bring higher heights with you and your partner’s sex life.