Life expectancy at birth is a vital indicator of population health. People in more developed countries generally live longer. Based on the latest statistics released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Americans can expect to reach 78 years old. This is down by one year since the last release. Women outlive men, a similar trend expected in other countries like Australia.
Extended longevity is good. But. that also requires individuals to place a premium on their health. Good health is key to sustaining economic productivity. Also, to enjoy a high quality of life. PwC estimates the global supplements market at $108 billion, North America being the largest market.
PwC further suggests several factors are driving this trend. That includes rising healthcare costs and use of natural supplements, like shilajit, as complementary or alternative medicine.
What is shilajit?
It’s not unusual for people to raise their eyebrows when they hear about shilajit resin for the first time. Although more people are taking supplements, the public has taken a more skeptical attitude towards new health products. Shilajit is no exception.
Shilajit is unlike herbal supplements. It can only be foraged, not grown in organic farms. It grows as a result of natural humification. Mumie rock is the source of raw shilajit. It is created from a mix of Phyto complex from decaying medicinal plants and soil. This combination must be subjected to ideal environmental conditions to form what would become the therapeutic components of purified shilajit. The entire process takes at least four decades to complete.
Inside shilajit are fulvic and humic acids, bioactive dibenzo-ɑ-pyrones, amino acids, and essential minerals. Depending on where it was formed, shilajit composition will vary. Thus, shilajit extracted from one region may have more or less iron compared to another that’s been taken from a different location.
Shilajit was introduced to the mainstream US market just recently. Although it has been used as a panacea and Rasayana (rejuvenator) in many eastern cultures since bygone days. Its use was initially driven by anecdotal accounts. The growing interest in eastern medicine helped fuel research in shilajit. New scientific evidence reveals what ancient cultures have known for centuries.
The benefits of shilajit
Here are a handful of studies that provide proof of the viability of shilajit health benefits:
- Shilajit is an adaptogen. It helps the body better absorb and transform energy and nutrients from the diet. That results in enhanced energy levels. In turn, it results in enhanced physical and mental performance. It also makes you more resilient to stress and fatigue.
- Shilajit supports body processes that create precursors of protein and enzymes. This way, faster tissue repair, and regeneration are made possible.
- Shilajit also has anti-inflammatory properties that can help relieve pain and swelling.
- Shilajit promotes better weight management. Researchers suggest that shilajit stops excess calories from being converted into fat deposits.
- Shilajit may help taper off sugar cravings. This is good news for weight watchers and people with high blood sugar content seeking to reduce it. It may also improve the quality of sleep of light sleepers. A high glycemic load causes sleeplessness. Shilajit’s high micronutrient content could be responsible for this benefit.
- Shilajit helps delay senescence. Shilajit delivers powerful antioxidants. It also supports processes that reduce oxidative stress that causes cells to age. More research show it also serves a brain-protective function and helps improve memory.
It’s not enough to supplement with just about any shilajit you can get your hands on. It matters what type and quality of shilajit you’re getting too. That’s because the truth of the matter is that not all shilajit are created equal.
Pürblack is a brand of purified shilajit. It is one of the very few companies that deliver shilajit in resin form — the only form shilajit should ever be presented in.
Shilajit powders, pills, tablets, and tinctures generally have low levels to none of shilajit. What’s left are useless additives and preservatives. Marketers and makers resort to unacceptable practices because shilajit is rare and expensive.
Purblack is different. We protect the good stuff in shilajit from start to finish. We’ve built-in consistency and quality in our systems to make sure we bring you shilajit in the best possible form and condition. The Pürblack manufacturing process is backed up by extensive research and protected by two patents: US10130656B2 and US9903747B2.
Shilajit quality is ascertained from sampling and extraction stage.
- Sampling and Testing. Our field researchers test if samples meet certain qualities prior to extraction. When the tests return acceptable results, mumie rock is extracted. Then, these are kept in tightly sealed thermos coolers where the temperature is maintained at or below 48 degrees Celsius.
- Purification. Shilajit is dissolved in water. Then, it is heated slowly at low temperatures. This way the health-giving components of shilajit remain intact. Most of shilajit’s beneficial constituents are destroyed when extreme heat is used. Fine filters are later used to filter out soil substrate and other impurities.
- Fortification and Imprinting. With Pürblack, we make sure you get more. That’s why we amplify shilajit benefits by subjecting it to a magnetic field of 1 to 20,000 Gauss. Then we do more. We further subject our shilajit to sound frequencies ranging from0.1 to 440Hz.
- Testing and Quality Control. Purified Pürblack Live Shilajit resin is subjected to a series of internal and third-party tests. Each batch of processed Pürblack comes with a Certificate of Analysis that serves as proof of safety and authenticity.
- Packaging & Distribution. We make sure Pürblack reaches you in the best condition possible. We use biophotonic jars to store our shilajit. These containers are airtight and are blocked off completely from sunlight which prevents degradation. Each unit comes with a unique serial number to help buyers register their product, check authenticity, and get live support online.
Each jar of Pürblack also comes with the patented Purscale measuring device specially designed to dispense thick, gooey resin properly.
The benefits of Purblack
The well-defined process followed in manufacturing Pürblack is long and tedious. Very few distributors and marketers of shilajit would go through such lengths to ascertain shilajit is top quality.
Other than that, here are the other reasons that make Pürblack the top choice for shilajit:
- Pürblack is used and endorsed by scientists and healthcare professionals. Pürblack R&D and marketing are guided by a Board composed of luminaries in the fields of western and eastern medicine, and scientists.
- Pürblack can be safely taken up to 500mg daily.
- Pürblack, because it is pure and unadulterated, has an infinite shelf-life.
Before supplementing with shilajit, know everything you can about its source. At Pürblack, we’re more than delighted to provide you with a copy of the Certificate of Analysis. After all, it’s your body and you should know exactly what you’ll be putting inside.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
The information provided on this site is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. The information on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this post.*
 Arias E, Tejada-Vera V, and Ahmad F. Provisional Life Expectancy Estimates for January through June, 2020. National Center for Health Statistics. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Link: https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/index.htm Accessed 24 May 2021
 Thach M. Life Expectancy in Australia. 1 Oct 2020. Link: https://www.finder.com.au/life-expectancy-in-australia Accessed 23 May 2021
 PwC. Vitamins & Dietary Supplements Market Trends – Overview. Link: https://www.pwc.com/it/it/publications/assets/docs/Vitamins-Dietary-Supplements-Market-Overview.pdf
 [Malan C. Review: Humic & Fulvic Acids. A Practical Approach. Link: http://www.fertasa.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/06-MALAN-Humic-Fulvic-acids..pdf Accessed 23 May 2021
 Bhattacharyya S, et al.Shilajit dibenzo-α-pyrones: Mitochondria targeted antioxidants. Pharmacologyonline. 2:690-698. Jan 2009. Link: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/285677504_Shilajit_dibenzo-a-pyrones_Mitochondria_targeted_antioxidants Accessed 23 May 2021
 Al-Salman F, Redha A, Al-Zaimoor Z. Inorganic Analysis and Antioxidant Activity of Shilajit. Int J Scientific Research in Chemical Sciences. Vol 7, No. 3, pp. 5-10. June 2020. Link: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/342921985_Inorganic_Analysis_and_Antioxidant_Activity_of_Shilajit Accessed: 23 May 2021.
 Malan C. Review: Humic & Fulvic Acids. A Practical Approach. Link: http://www.fertasa.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/06-MALAN-Humic-Fulvic-acids..pdf
 Metin Ç., Aysun A, et.al. “Humic Acid Enhances Wound Healing in the Rat Palate”, Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2018, Article ID 1783513, 6 pages, 2018. https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/1783513
 van Rensburg CE. The Antiinflammatory Properties of Humic Substances: A Mini Review. Phytother Res. 2015 Jun;29(6):791-5. doi: 10.1002/ptr.5319 Link: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/ptr.5319 Accessed 20 May 2021.
 Saqib M, Malik R, & Kausar S. (2016). Effect of Shilajit on Obesity in Hyperlipidemic Albino Rats. PJMHS Vol. 10, No.3. Jul-Sep 2016. Link: https://pjmhsonline.com/2016/july_sep/pdf/1019.pdf Accessed 30 May 2021
 Harvard Medical School. Insomnia. Harvard Health Publishing. Link: https://www.health.harvard.edu/a_to_z/insomnia-a-to-z Access Date: 21 Apr 2021.
 Aiello A, Fattorusso E, Menna M, Vitalone R, Schröder HC, Müller WE. Mumijo traditional medicine: fossil deposits from antarctica (chemical composition and beneficial bioactivity). Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2011;2011:738131. doi:10.1093/ecam/nen072
 Carrasco-Gallardo C, Guzmán L, and Maccioni R. Shilajit: A Natural Phytocomplex with Potential Procognitive Activity. Int J Alzheimers Dis. 2012; 2012: 674142. Published online 2012 Feb 23. doi: 10.1155/2012/674142 Link: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22482077/ Accssed 30 Apr 2021