These quotes about finding your purpose are more than just beautiful words!
Are you at the beginning of your self-discovery journey? Or maybe you are feeling stuck and looking for direction?
You are not the only one experiencing such struggles. Throughout history, many great thinkers have pondered the purpose of their existence. Learn from them to make the most of your own life.
I have gathered 35 powerful quotes about finding your purpose that will guide you and teach you a valuable lesson. There is no path more important than the one that leads you to your true self. Thus, let these wise words inspire you and ignite your passion for a life full of purpose!
35 Inspirational Quotes That Will Help You Find Your Purpose
Quotes About Finding Your Purpose and Its Importance
1. “The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we stand as in what direction we are moving.” ― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
2. “It is not enough to be industrious; so are the ants. What are you industrious about?” ― Henry David Thoreau
3. “Great minds have purpose, others have wishes. Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortunes; but great minds rise above them.” ― Washington Irving
4. “Without purpose, we are just good-looking animals.” ― Abhijit Naskar
5. “A wind that blows aimlessly is no good to anyone.” ― Rick Riordan
6. “I can’t think of anything more disheartening than living a life without a clear purpose.” ― Daniel Willey
7. “It’s not enough to have lived. We should be determined to live for something.” ― Winston S. Churchill
8. “Our privileges are not for our pleasure but rather for our purpose.”― Chris Brady
9. “Find a purpose to serve, not a lifestyle to live.” ― Criss Jami
Quotes About the Meaning of Purpose
10. “What am I living for and what am I dying for are the same question.” ― Margaret Atwood
11. “Your purpose is your why.” ― Deborah Day
12. “The secret of happiness: Find something more important than you are and dedicate your life to it.” ― Daniel C. Dennett
13. “To be what we are, and to become what we are capable of becoming, is the only end of life.” ― Robert Louis Stevenson
Quotes About The Path to Finding Your Purpose
14. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” ― Steve Jobs
15. “You don’t decide what your purpose is in life, you discover it. Your purpose is your reason for living.” ― Bob Proctor
16. “Find the thing you want to do most intensely, make sure that’s it, and do it with all your might. If you live, well and good. If you die, well and good. Your purpose is done” ― H.G. Wells
17. “There are two questions a man must ask himself: The first is ‘Where am I going?’ and the second is ‘Who will go with me?’ If you ever get these questions in the wrong order you are in trouble.” ― Sam Keen
Quotes About What The Purpose of Life Is
18. “The purpose of life is a life of purpose.” ― Robert Byrne
19. “Your purpose in life is to find your purpose and give your whole heart and soul to it.” ― Buddha
20. “Dedicate yourself to what gives your life true meaning and purpose; make a positive difference in someone’s life.” ― Roy T. Bennett
21. “The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
22. “Awareness is the power that is concealed within the present moment. … The ultimate purpose of human existence, which is to say, your purpose, is to bring that power into this world.” ― Eckhart Tolle
23. “What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
24. “Our sole purpose on this earth is to add value to others. It doesn’t make sense to just exist in people’s lives or to be a drain on them, does it?” ― Rob Liano
25. “Man is here for the sake of other men ― above all for those upon whose smiles and well-being our own happiness depends.” ― Albert Einstein
26. “Be a lamp, or a lifeboat, or a ladder. Help someone’s soul heal. Walk out of your house like a shepherd.” ― Rumi
27. “You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world.” ― Woodrow Wilson
28. “The purpose of life is the expansion of happiness.” ― Deepak Chopra
Quotes About Life After Finding Your Purpose
29. “We may run, walk, stumble, drive, or fly, but let us never lose sight of the reason for the journey, or miss a chance to see a rainbow on the way.” ― Gloria Gaither
30. “But we are strong, each in our purpose, and we are all more strong together.” ― Bram Stoker
31. “Life is short only if you are not living your purpose.” ― T.F. Hodge
32. “When you know that everything matters — that every move counts as much as any other — you will begin living a life of permanent purpose.” ― Andy Andrews
33. “Don’t put your purpose in one place and expect to see progress made somewhere else.” ― Epictetus
34. “Listen for the call of your destiny, and when it comes, release your plans and follow.” ― Mollie Marti
35. “Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete. If you’re alive, it isn’t.” ― Lauren Bacall
A life of purpose means a happier, more fulfilled existence. So, are you ready to take the first step toward your new self? Then make sure to tell me which of the quotes about finding your purpose inspired you most. And, of course, pass them on to your friends by sharing this article!