Strong women quotes empower me. They are my go-to quotes when I’m feeling down or doubting myself.
If I have one goal in life, it’s to be a strong, independent woman. As a woman, I’ve had to overcome some obstacles, conquer fears, and endure many scars. Still, I persevere. Because I know I can.
Women are many things. We are so versatile because we had to adapt to a lot of things and adopt many roles throughout history (and our lives). We’re daughters, mothers, friends, teachers, healers, and a lot of other things. And while not all women are the same (in fact, we’re all quite unique), we are all strong.
But sometimes we doubt our own strength. When that happens to you, feel free to turn to these strong women quotes that will remind you of your power, grace, and perseverance.
27 Best Strong Women Quotes That Will Inspire You to Show Your Inner Warrior
Strong Women Quotes That Show Who’s Really the Strongest Sex
1. “The most common way women give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” ― Alice Walker
2. “I want to do it because I want to do it. Women must try to do things as men have tried. If they fail, their failure must be but a challenge to others.” ― Amelia Earhart
3. “The world needs more strong women. These are women who lift other women up, who stand together side by side and live bravely.” ― Anonymous
4. “Women don’t endure simply because we can. No, Women endure because we aren’t given any other choice. They wanted us weak but forced us to be strong.” ― Amanda Lovelace
5. “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” ― Ayn Rand
6. “Strong women can often be misunderstood to be cold and mean simply because they have refused to be disrespected and taken for granted.” ― Anonymous
7. “The day will come when man will recognize woman as his peer, not only at the fireside but in councils of the nation. Then, and not until then, will there be the perfect comradeship, the ideal union between the sexes that shall result in the highest development of the race.” ― Susan B. Anthony
What Makes a Woman Strong? Her Very Essence
8. “A strong woman understands that gifts such as logic, decisiveness, and strength are just as feminine as intuition and emotional connection. She values and uses all of her gifts.” — Nancy Rathburn
9. “I believe in strong women. I believe in the woman who is able to stand up for herself. And I believe in the woman who doesn’t need to hide behind her husband’s back. What’s more, I believe that if you have problems, as a woman you deal with them, you don’t play victim, you don’t make yourself look pitiful, you don’t point fingers. You stand, and you deal. You face the world with a head held high, and you carry the universe in your heart.” ― C. JoyBell C.
10. “Always remember who you are and don’t ever dull your shine for anyone or anything.” ― Tilicia Haridat
11. “Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country.” — Margaret Thatcher
12. “A woman is like a teabag — you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
13. “You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through.” — Rosalynn Carter
Strong Women Quotes to Restore Your Faith in Yourself
14. “A woman with a voice is by definition a strong woman. But the search to find that voice can be remarkably difficult.” ― Melinda Gates
15. “We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing, at whatever cost, must be attained.” ― Marie Curie
16. “I know my worth. I embrace my power, I say if I’m beautiful, and I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story. I will.” ― Amy Schumer
17. “Always aim high, work hard, and care deeply about what you believe in. And, when you stumble, keep the faith. And, when you’re knocked down, get right back up and never listen to anyone who says you can’t or shouldn’t go on.” ― Hillary Clinton
18. “An empress does not concern herself with the antics of fools.” ― Gabrielle Union
19. “I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life’s a bitch. You’ve got to go out and kick ass.” — Maya Angelou
Womanhood Means Staying Strong in the Face of Anything
20. “You are a powerful woman not because you have never been scared, but because you have been able to push forward in spite of your own fears.” ― Anonymous
21. “She has fought many wars, most internal. The ones that you battle alone, for this, she is remarkable. She is a survivor.” ― Nikki Rowe
22. “A strong woman builds her own world. She is one who is wise enough to know that it will attract the man she will gladly share it with.” ― Ellen J. Barrier
23. “With the spread of conformity and image-driven superficiality, the allure of an individuated woman in full possession of herself and her powers will prove irresistible. We were born for plenitude and inner fulfillment.” ― Betsy Prioleau
24. “Whatever women do, they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.” — Charlotte Whitton
25. “Women are never stronger than when they arm themselves with their weaknesses.” — Madame Marie du Deffand
26. “One of the most courageous things you can do is identify yourself, know who you are, what you believe in, and where you want to go.” — Sheila Murray Bethel
27. “One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman.” — Simone de Beauvoir
So if you’re doubting yourself, or you find yourself thinking that you aren’t that special, think again. You are a strong woman and have generations of women behind you, rooting for you, encouraging you to go on and fight for yourself.
If, by chance, you stop believing in yourself and your power, read these strong women quotes again. Remind yourself of your worth, capacity, and, of course, strength.