Although I don’t always work in a team, I do some of my best work when I’m part of one. However, that wasn’t always the case. Not that long ago, I was a “lone wolf” in my office and a horrible team player. That changed when I discovered some teamwork quotes that opened my eyes.
I quickly realized that even if I soar the skies all by myself, my accomplishments will never be as impressive or as far-reaching as they would be if I were a part of a team. What’s more, I realized I could never move further in my career if I don’t learn how to be a team player.
To do that, I had to really dig deep and figure out the importance of teamwork. It wasn’t that hard, really. With a team that works with me and for me (in terms of benefits), I could grow and accomplish things I could never do on my own.
So, here are the best teamwork quotes that still inspire me and make me want to be a better team player.
38 Best Teamwork Quotes That Show There Is No Success Without It
Teamwork Makes the Dream Work and Other Inspirational Quotes
1. “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” ― African Proverb
2. “None of us is as smart as all of us.” ― Ken Blanchard
3. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” ― Helen Keller
4. “None of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful.” ― Mother Teresa
5. “No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it.” ― H.E. Luccock
6. “It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.” ― Napoleon Hill
7. “It is the long history of humankind (and animal kind, too) that those who learned to collaborate and improvise most effectively have prevailed.” ― Charles Darwin
8. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” ― Michael Jordan
9. “There is immense power when a group of people with similar interests gets together to work toward the same goals.” ― Idowu Koyenikan
10. “Only by binding together as a single force will we remain strong and unconquerable.” ― Chris Bradford
11. “Great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a team of people.” ― Steve Jobs
Teamwork Quotes That Highlight Its Importance
12. “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision, the ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” ― Andrew Carnegie
13. “Snowflakes are one of nature’s most fragile things, but just look at what they can do when they stick together.” ― Vesta M. Kelly
14. “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.”― Isaac Newton
15. “Great teams do not hold back with one another. They are unafraid to air their dirty laundry. They admit their mistakes, their weaknesses, and their concerns without fear of reprisal.” ― Patrick Lencioni
16. “Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, and working together is success.” ― Henry Ford
17. “One piece of log creates a small fire, adequate to warm you up, add just a few more pieces to blast an immense bonfire, large enough to warm up your entire circle of friends; needless to say that individuality counts but teamwork dynamites.” ― Jin Kwon
18. “Effectively, change is almost impossible without industry-wide collaboration, cooperation, and consensus.” ― Simon Mainwaring
19. “We rise by lifting others.” ― Robert Ingersoll
Teamwork Quotes That Will Motivate the Entire Office
20. “There is no such thing as a self-made man. You will reach your goals only with the help of others.” ― George Shinn
21. “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” ― Babe Ruth
22. “The greater the loyalty of a group toward the group, the greater is the motivation among the members to achieve the goals of the group, and the greater the probability that the group will achieve its goals.” ― Rensis Likert
23. “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” ― Reid Hoffman
24. “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.” ― Ryūnosuke Akutagawa
25. “It takes two flints to make a fire.” ― Louisa May Alcott
26. “A group becomes teammates when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skills of the others.” ― Norman Shidle
27. “What separates the good players from a great player is that a great player is willing to give up their own personal achievement for the achievement of the group.” ― Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
28. “An individual can make a change but a team can make a revolution.” ― Amit Kalantri
Inspirational Team Work That Will Turn You Into a Team Player
29. “A player who makes a team great is more valuable than a great player. Losing yourself for the group, for the good of the group — that’s teamwork.” ― John Wooden
30. “Cooperation is the thorough conviction that nobody can get there unless everybody gets there.” ― Virginia Burden
31. “Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than the one where they sprang up.” ― Oliver Wendell Holmes
32. “The secret to teamwork is an outward mindset.” ― Steve Young
33. “A core group of people, all sharing similar goals, can move mountains.” ― Chris Matakas
34. “Be fast, be first, but never be alone. Nothing can replace the value of teamwork.” ― Farshad Asl
35. “Great teamwork is the only way we create the breakthroughs that define our careers.” ― Pat Riley
36. “Anyone who imagines they can work alone winds up surrounded by nothing but rivals, without companions. The fact is, no one ascends alone.” ― Lance Armstrong
37. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” ― Margaret Mead
38. “The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team.” ― John Wooden
No matter how talented you are, alone, you can only do so much. That’s why being a part of a team that works well is so beneficial. What’s more, if you’re already a part of a team, but you aren’t utilizing all your team members and making their strengths work for you, then you don’t understand what teamwork is.
Hopefully, these teamwork quotes will inspire you to change your ways. Alternatively, they’ll boost your spirits just a little bit and make you an amazing team player. That’s a win-win in my book!