If you launch a programme and get an error saying that Windows can’t find but is lacking the vcruntime140.dll DLL, you may follow this tutorial to replace the missing DLL and get your programme working again. When a programme is written, it is linked to dynamic link libraries (DLLs), which contain the code required by the programme.
When a necessary DLL is lost, Windows will show an alert with the description of the missing DLL so that you can attempt to restore or instal it. So you started an application in Windows 10 and instead of seeing the application software, you got a notice that said, “The programme can’t start since VCRUNTIME140.dll is absent from your machine.”
To resolve this issue, try reinstalling the software. Although Windows 10 is fantastic software, it is prone to a number of issues, one of which is the vcruntime140.dll not found problem. But don’t worry if you’ve run into the vcruntime140.dll error; we’ve got you covered. The top methods for resolving the “vcruntime140.dll not found” error is listed below.
1. Reboot your pc: Occasionally, one of the most basic and relatively minor fixes, such as resetting your computer, will suffice. So, before you go ahead and try more complicated procedures, give a basic reboot a try. When you restart a computer, all device drivers are unloaded, all programmes are closed, and the operating system is restarted.
In the course of routine use or as a troubleshooting step to remedy a problem, you may need to reboot your computer, and both Windows and Mac OS provide options for you to do so fast. You may sometimes run into issues with your computer’s programmes. Because it generates an error in the web browser or is incompatible with a target device or another software, a programme may freeze up or become inaccessible.
Rebooting a laptop does not solve a program’s code fault, but it does make it useful by causing the faulty programme to closed down. You can turn on the computer in Safe Mode, which will prevent the running of device drivers that aren’t needed. such as starting the computer in Safe Mode to avoid loading non-essential device drivers such as anti-virus software.
Check the working condition of the cooling fan and make sure the vents are free of blockage. This will remedy the issue.
2. Use the Windows Troubleshooter to troubleshoot the problem: The vcruntime140.dll missing problem can be triggered by an app’s setup or update, which might lead to the loss of important data or documents.
If this is the case, the Windows Troubleshooter programme will be the best option for you. The Windows Troubleshooter is a built-in Windows 10 application that assists you in resolving minor issues such as Windows update issues, Bluetooth and audio driver issues, and so on.
- To get started, use Windows Key + I to access the Windows Settings menu, then select Update & Security.
- Go to the Troubleshoot area of the next window and select the Additional Troubleshooter option.
- Select Program Compatibility Troubleshooter from the drop-down menu. The troubleshooter will then run its course, checking for faults and attempting to correct them.
These steps will definitely help you with any troubleshooting issue with your file.