Are you searching for a marketing tool that will boost your product or brand? Are you a fan of creative and interesting things? If yes, this article is for you! Today we will be talking about an explainer video, its benefits and main features. So, let’s begin!
Video explainer: what is it?
Animated explainer video – is a 2 minutes video that helps illustrate sophisticated ideas in simple, entertaining, and meaningful ways. Recent research shows that nowadays such videos are the best way to make your business stand out from the crowd.
Moreover, explainer videos may be uploaded not only on your own website or such an Internet giant as YouTube. You can also advertise your brand or product in all possible social media.
Features of an immaculate explainer video
- Timings: an outstanding video must be short but informative. Make sure your masterpiece is no longer than 2-3 minutes. Otherwise, your potential clients will find it boring.
- Call to action – your video should make clients know what exactly are you expecting from them after watching it.
- Be precise – an explainer video must give information about your product, its benefits, your purposes, etc.
- Quality – make sure your video is not destructing for the clients’ eyes or ears. Both the sound and the images must be of high quality. If you want people to buy your products or services how can you advertise them by creating an explainer video of poor quality?
- Creativity – try to find your unique style and approach. Search for the videos of your possible competitors to make your product stand out from the crowd!
Kinds of explainer videos
Before starting the process of creating an explainer video, decide on its type, since there are quite a few of them. Below you will find information about 3 most popular categories.
- Animated explainer video – this type is one of the most popular ones, since they are both attractive and easy to create. An animated explainer video is considered to be entertaining and eye-catching. Moreover, there are a number of styles to make your product a special one. Among them infographics, chalkboards (writing on a chalkboard or whiteboard), character-driven (cartoon figures), and motion graphic styles (3D-animated).
- Live-action explainer video – For this video objects or people are filmed. It is a little bit more challenging to make this product entertaining and interesting, but still it is possible if you use creative thinking! As a rule, such videos present a person talking and explaining a particular product or service.
- Crowdfunding explainer video – as a rule, this one is a combination of two previous ones. Such explainer videos are usually longer and more informative. Moreover, a crowdfunding explainer video gives information on how the raised funds are planned to be spent. When done right such a video may be a real breakthrough for your product.
Why do you need an explainer video?
Video marketing statistics show that nearly 80% of professionals believe that explainer videos are the best tools for engaging new clients. Taking into account the 21st century style of life, people usually opt for watching videos rather than reading texts.
Firstly, it is entertaining. Secondly, it enables them to combine the watching process with some other activities. Another appealing thing about explainer videos is the fact that they may be shared between the users easily. It means that a lot of people may observe your masterpiece!
Anyway, it is up to you whether to start making an explainer video or not. If you are not ready to devote a lot of time and energy to it, remember that you can ask for help from professional companies.